1815 Light Bulb Replacement Guide

What cars use 1815 bulbs?
Use the form below to see whether 1815 bulb fits specific vehicles

After extensively researching a number of different independent tests, we have chosen the 1815 lamps based on the brightness, durability and lifespan.

What Is The 1815 Bulb For?

The 1815 lamp is always used as a turn signal or brake light bulb in motorcycles and automobiles. As a driver, you may consider upgrading your turn signal or brake light bulbs to 1815 bulbs for a number of reasons. First, the brightness of the 1815 bulb is significantly greater than that of a standard incandescent bulb, making it easier for drivers behind you to see your signals. 

Secondly, the 1815 bulb has a much longer lifespan than a standard incandescent bulb - meaning you won't have to replace your bulbs as often. Finally, the 1815 bulb is more energy-efficient than a standard incandescent bulb, meaning your motorcycle or car will use less power when you upgrade to this type of bulb.

This lamp has 2.8W wattage and 12V voltage which is low power consumption. But at the same time, with such a nominal power, it gives a bright light. It has a dimension of 1.97” x 0.79”. The base type is BA9S and the operating voltage is 12V. The color temperature of the light is 2700K which gives a yellowish hue to the light.

Usually, these lamps use incandescent lighting technology. With incandescent lamps, an electric current runs through a tungsten filament. When the current flows, the resistance of the tungsten filament causes it to heat up and glow. 

As the tungsten heats up, it starts to vaporize. The pressure inside the bulb increases and can cause the filament to break. This is why incandescent bulbs have a relatively short lifespan.

Is It Hard To Replace This Bulb?

The 1815 lamps are easy to replace as they have a standard size. You can find these bulbs at most auto parts stores. Be sure to get the correct base type for your vehicle, and follow the instructions on how to properly wire the new bulb. With a little bit of effort, you can upgrade your turn signals or brake lights in no time!

All you need to take is the following:

  • A new 1815 bulb
  • A head screwdriver
  • A wire stripper/cutter


  1. Open the back of your car's turn signal or brake light assembly with a Phillips head screwdriver.
  2. Disconnect the old bulb from the socket by gently pushing it out.
  3. Strip about ½ inch of insulation from the end of the wires attached to the old bulb.
  4. Connect the new bulb to the socket, and twist it to lock it in place.
  5. Reconnect the wires to the new bulb, and make sure they are secure.
  6. Close up the back of the turn signal or brake light assembly, and screw it shut.
  7. Test the new bulb by turning on your car's headlights and activating the turn signal or brake light.

You're all set! With a new 1815 bulb in place, your turn signals or brake lights will be much brighter, longer-lasting, and more energy-efficient.

Can You Interchange The 1815 Lamp?

Sometimes your car or motorcycle may come with a different type of bulb, such as an H4 or 9007. In this case, you can usually still use an 1815 bulb, as long as it has the same base type. You may need to make some adjustments to the wiring in order to get the new bulb to fit properly, but it is typically a relatively easy process.

If you're looking for a bright, long-lasting, and energy-efficient bulb for your turn signals or brake lights, then consider upgrading to an 1815 bulb. If you select H4 or 9007 interchangeably then you need to make sure the base type is the same. You can find these bulbs at most auto parts stores, and they are typically easy to install. 

With a new 1815 bulb in place, your turn signals or brake lights will be much brighter, longer-lasting, and more energy-efficient.

Join Us